SOF-AT&L PEO-SR PM ISS Industry Week and Sensors RFI
DoD Communities Of Interest: C4I
Subject: SOF-AT&L PEO-SR PM ISS Industry Week and Sensors RFI
Due Date: May 27, 2022 03:00 pm EDT
Government Organization: USSOCOM
On March 21, the U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) posted a request for information (RFI). Responses are due by 3:00 p.m. Eastern on May 27.
The purpose of this RFI is to gather Industry’s input regarding a requirement supporting the USSOCOM, Special Operations Forces Acquisition Technology and Logistics (SOF AT&L), Program Executive Officer for Special Reconnaissance (PEO – SR), Program Manager for Integrated Sensor Systems (PM-ISS), Sub-Programs for Joint Threat Warning Systems (JTWS) and Silent Dagger.
Responses to this RFI will be used by USSOCOM, SOF AT&L, PEO-SR, and PM-ISS to identify potential equipment for participation in the further evaluation of market information and/or ascertain potential market capacity to provide services consistent in scope and scale with those described in this notice.
The Key Interest Areas:
- Radio direction finding antenna systems for use on vehicles and/or individuals while on the-move or on-the-halt against HF, VHF, UHF and SHF bands.
- Signal processing capability at the tactical edge (on the battlefield) for detection, classification, and channelization of a broad variety of signal types.
- Software for laptops and handhelds with these features:
- Process streams of digitized radio frequency (RF) and provide threat warnings.
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning capability algorithms to detect and classify signals.
- Graphical user interface that is suitable for outdoor, in-vehicle, and night-vision environments.
- Cyber scans do not reveal any high-risk vulnerabilities.
- Installation media available for purchase/license/evaluation on government provided IT devices.
- Conformant with open standards used elsewhere in the Department of Defense.
- Unmanned system (UxS) and/or unattended systems RF signal intelligence (SIGINT) sensors.
- Sensors that are compliant with the Modular Payload standard, which is available upon request, are preferred and are platform agnostics
- Sensors operating in a communication limited/constrained environment.
- Sensors with hooks for Anti Tamper/ Data protection mechanisms.
- Sensors with leave behind/long endurance capabilities (hours & days)
- Small form-factor, low profile antennas, higher gain, advanced materials
- High gain, high Sensitivity systems with low profile for increased standoff range up to radio horizon that can be steered via external inputs (GPS/heading, RF Power, external inputs)
- Multichannel bi-directional antenna capability to be able to transmit and receive
- Open architecture
- Multiple polarization antennas to include horizontal, vertical, circular and slant 45/135 at low profiles.
- Small form factor (1/4 rack) capabilities to detect, cluster, classify and direction find various non-communication signals to include solid state emitters.
- Not just hardware, but software capabilities to include algorithms for detection, classification, and clustering of various non-communication RF signals.
- Focus on frequencies from 2 GHz and up
- Capabilities that detect signals above 6 GHz
- Signal processing at the tactical edge
- AI/ML on small form factor to include android environment or battery-operated scenario
- Multiple sensor correlation (multiple sensors on single platform)
- Network obfuscation to disguise and control change across multiple system dimensions, reducing the advisories window of opportunity for probing attacks.
- Zero client at the tactical edge.
- Data fusion device that can provide core to edge and/or edge to edge data processing.
- Context-aware security to ensure devices are mapped to specific users based on criteria like device model, platform, and OS. If credentials are compromised, security and data remain intact
PM-ISS will be hosting a demonstration during the week of 29 August to 2 September 2022 at a location to be determined.
Questions or assistance, contact:
North Carolina Defense Technology Transition Office (DEFTECH)
North Carolina Defense Technology Transition Office | PO Box 1748, Fayetteville, NC 28303