DoD Communities Of Interest: C4I
Subject: 5G Applications for Army Installations
Due Date: 10 January 2022 11:00 AM CST
Government Organization: U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC)
5G Applications for Army Installations
Submit NLT 10 January 2022 11:00 AM CST
Overview: The U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) seeks solutions for the idea generation and development of use cases that demonstrate the potential of 5G technology relevant to Army installation operations. The solutions detailing 5G use cases applicable to Army installations will be presented during a summit/conference to foster discussion with Army stakeholders and influence the way ahead.
Proposed solutions shall be submitted in the form of a solution brief and corresponding presentation material and should address the following:
- Revolutionary ideas that reach the realm of the possible to inspire next-generation capabilities and requirements and support the development of innovative use-cases for compelling 5G IoT and applications relevant to DoD installations.
- Evolutionary ideas that optimize existing technologies and capabilities to utilize the connectivity of 5G and support DOD installation operations.
- The way ahead for Army installations, identify what is possible with 5G that was not feasible with 4G, prioritize specific 5G projects on which to focus (low-hanging fruit).
The solution briefs should consider the following influencing factors and requirements:
- Consideration for DOD strategy regarding 5G
- Consideration for DOD implementation plan
- Leverage (if applicable) lessons learned related to ongoing DoD 5G demonstrations, 5G – DoD Research & Engineering
- Address security aspects that follow NIST guidelines, 5G Cybersecurity | NCCoE
Compilation and presentation of the innovative material are required. The briefing shall be made at an ERDC-hosted 5G Summit in the summer of 2022. The presentation will be limited to one hour and should include adequate diagrams such as an OV-1 or SV-1 as applicable.
Questions or assistance, contact:
North Carolina Defense Technology Transition Office (DEFTECH)
North Carolina Defense Technology Transition Office | PO Box 1748, Fayetteville, NC 28303