Ladies and Gentlemen,
The purpose of this email is to notify you of the companies selected to present at the Human Performance Optimization Advanced Technology Showcase 30 September 2021 from 1330-1500 ET. This is virtual Zoom event will be by invitation only, and as a submitter, you will be invited to attend. (Details will follow in a few weeks.)
First, let me thank you for your thoughtful and compelling submissions. Your innovative approaches to improving Human Performance are amazing and inspiring. Unfortunately, COVID has caused us to go from in-person to a virtual Zoom event. Due to time constraints, we could only select six to make short pitch and they are limited to a total of 10 minutes each.
Congratulations to the following “selectees”:
- SANTOS – Virtual Human (Univ of Iowa)
- Meta-Analyzer (Juno Metabolomics…NC)
- Sleepergize (Kunsan…CO and UK)
- JoChe Self Assembling Nanoparticles (NuRevelation…NC)
- Cognitive Monitor ( NIRSense…NC & VA)
- Brain Activation (ECU…NC)
So, how were they chosen? All submissions were consolidated into a single PDF file and provided to the NC Biotech Center, NC-COMP, and over a dozen industry and government experts. Those who agreed to serve on the “panel” were then asked to pick the 3 innovations that they would like to “pitch.” We then consolidate the list and selected the 6 with the most “votes”.
The HPO-ATS Panel (alphabetical order)
- Dr. David Bellar, UNC-Charlotte Chair, Department of Kinesiology
- Dr. Y. Sammy Choi, Chief, Department of Research, Womack Army Hospital
- Mr. Andrew Clements Deputy PEO Soldier, U.S Army
- Lieutenant Colonel (Ret) Stephen DeLellis, Executive Director, Fort Bragg Research Institute & Geneva Foundation
- Dr. Stephen Lee, Army Research Office
- Colonel Mark Ray, Human Performance and Wellness Director, US Army Special Operations Command
- Dr. Tracey Smith, US Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Military Nutrition Division
- Dr. Robb Wilcox, CCDC, US Army Research Lab, Soldier Center
For those of you not chosen to present, know that your submissions are in the hands of the panel members above and other government experts from the Army Futures Command, NATICK, Naval X, DIU, and others. So, at a minimum you have broadened the exposure of your technology.
I do hope that you mark you calendars for 1330-1500 on 30 Sep and join the zoom call to hear the pitches and the panel questions. Although you won’t be “pitching,” you will be able to glean a lot from what you see and hear. Finally, all of the quad charts have been catalogued with NC DEFTECH and NC-COMP and will be considered for future Advanced Technology events.
Thank you again and keep the faith!
Director, North Carolina Defense Technology Transition (DEFTECH)
DEFTECH is a component of the NC MilitaryBusiness Center